A card that ensures persons with disabilities acces to culture, sports and leisure

Where to get it

You can request the EDC from one of the 5 Belgian institutions entrusted with conducting the policy aimed at the integration of persons with disabilities.

This card is free. In case of loss or theft a duplicate may be issued once only.

Depending upon the institution you contact, here is the application procedure for the EDC, to be followed by persons with disabilities themselves or their legal representative :

  • Federal Public Service Social Security:

    You can submit your application either:

    • online via My Handicap (Dutch | French | German). Need help with your application? Check out our other contact options (Dutch | French | German)
    • by postal mail to the following address:

      Service public fédéral Sécurité sociale
      Direction générale Personnes handicapées
      Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 50 Boîte 150
      1000 Bruxelles

  • Agence pour une Vie de Qualité (AViQ - Wallonia):

    You must contact the competent regional office depending on your place of residence (in person, by phone, fax, mail). If you want to know the location of your regional office, go to the web site of the Agence, www.aviq.be.

  • Vlaams Agentschap voor Personen met een Handicap (VAPH - Flanders):

    You can submit your application using the online request form on www.mijnvaph.be. You will need you ID, pin code and a card reader.

  • Service Personne Handicapée Autonomie Recherchée (Service Phare - Brussels):

    You can apply by indicating the following information : name, forename, date of birth and national register number of the person who wishes to get the card and, if possible, the Phare file number:

    • by postal mail to the following address:

      Service Phare
      Rue des Palais 42
      1030 Bruxelles

    • by e-mail to info.phare@spfb.brussels
    • by phone: 02/800.82.03 (Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 am)
    • duty hours of the Service Phare (Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 am except Wednesdays)
  • Dienststelle für Selbstbestimmtes Leben (DSL) :

    You must deal with your direct contact person or the office of the Dienststelle für Selbstbestimmtes Leben. Contact details are available on the website : www.selbstbestimmt.be.